The only thing that matters is faith expressing itself through love.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Here Am I

When Isaiah was commissioned, he heard a voice from Heaven saying this:

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

This question is strikingly unexpected... why would the God of everything known and unknown ask for the aid of those who fail everyday, the perfect, creator God who made the earth and the whole universe?

Those who study the Bible quickly recognize that God uses imperfect people to perform and demonstrate His glory and awesomeness. Those as Christians need to be ready and willing to receive and live out His call on their lives.

One of the most proficient and important prophets, arguably, then responds to this call: "Here am I. Send me!"

I was sitting in my room as a sophomore in high school. I had just bought a new CD by MercyMe. As I was listening to the greatness that was, the second track came on. The song is describing certain people with a certain set of predicaments: one is one the ocean wondering if there is something more; one is driving home from his regular 9-5 wondering if this is all there is to life. The song then goes on to quote a popular verse in Isaiah stated above (Isaiah 6:8; NIV). This song got me started. My life was good; I was in good health; of good status with my peers and family; but there was still something more. There needed to be servants to spread what I felt inside at that moment.

Willow Creek put out a great video on YouTube. It is a great summary of what Christians are called to do wholeheartedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNBmNl88Pk

In Christ,
chase

No comments:

Post a Comment